For this project you will need:
Fabscraps Charms of Spring Carders Pack: MC97001A
Fabscraps Charms of Spring Collection paper range: C97001/002/003/007
Fabscraps Chipboard Pieces: DC97004/006
Cuttlebug or Electronic Cutting Machine
Ranger Silver Acrylic Paint Dabber
Ranger Perfect Pearl Mist
Assortment of mini paper roses
5mm wide Silver Ribbon
1.5cm Silver Washitape or Paper Ribbon
Assortment of Border Punches
A Tear Ruler
A Stipple Brush
- Carefully cut the Chipboard Pieces DC97004/006 out of their frame without damaging the frames.
- Use the silver dabber to colour the frames and chipboard die-cuts and set aside to dry.
- Using the back grey side of one of the Lavender 6” X 6” papers from the Carders pack, tear it into 4 border strips, distress the torn edges by rolling back and fully colour the torn strips with the silver acrylic paint (I used my fingers here for a more controlled effect). Set aside to dry.
- Using a stipple brush. Dab the top of the mini roses with the silver acrylic paint. Set aside to dry.
- Punch a wide lattice styled border with a punch of your choice from the C97002 ( striped side) sheet for the “Life in Full Bloom” Card.
- Punch a 2-sided scalloped border from the C97003 (lavender print side) sheet for the “A treat for You” Card.
- Cuttlebug or electronic die-cutting machine:
- Cut a 3.5” Scalloped Circle from the C97001 (raindrops side) sheet
- Cut a 4” Doily from the C97001 (floral side) sheet
- Cut a 1.5’ and a 2 ¼” Scalloped Circle and a 3” Filigree Butterfly from one of the lighter 6” X 6’ teal sheets from the Carders Pack
- Cut a 2 ¼” and a 1 ¼” Scalloped Circle and 3 X 1 ¼” butterflies from 1 of the darker teal blue 6” X 6” sheets from the Carders Pack
- Cut a 1 ¼” Butterfly and a 2” Scalloped Flower from the C97003 (lavender print side) sheet
Card no: 1(Square) “Life in Full Bloom”
- Trim the darker teal blue 6” X 6” sheet of paper to fit the full size of the front of the card and adhere.
- Adhere the punched lattice border to the bottom of the card over the teal paper.
- Adhere one of the torn silver border strips across the top of the punched border.
- Horizontally tear one of the pink floral 6” X 6” sheets from the Carders Pack and adhere over torn silver border. Cut off overlap at the top of the card.
- Layer and embellish as per pic and add two small flags ¾” wide X 2’ long under the bottom left side of the 3.5” scalloped Circle. Ensure to 3D butterfly, 1.5” and 3.5” scalloped circle.
- Add Flowers and pearls.
Card no: 2(Portrait) “You’re Amazing”
- Trim one of the lavender 6” X 6” sheets from the Carders Pack to the width of the card. Tear along the bottom.
- Add a torn silver border strip peeping from underneath and in turn another border strip from the lighter teal sheets in the Carders Pack. Adhere to card with a small white border at the bottom and trim off overlap at the top of the card.
- Cut a flag from the darker teal sheet in Carders Pack that is 2.5” wide X approx. 4 ¾” long and adhere in the centre of the card flush up against the top of the card.
- Layer and embellish as per pic. 3D the greeting die-cut and add silver washitape and lavender paper flag as per pic.
Card no: 3(Square) “Choose Happy”
- From the pink floral 6” X 6” sheets in your Carders Pack, cut a piece that is 3/4” high by the width of the card and adhere to the bottom of the card so that the grey printed side is showing.
- Using the balance of the pink floral 6” sheet, tear a small piece off the bottom of the sheet and then layer and distress as per pic with a strip of darker teal/silver/lavender.
- Adhere to card so that a small amount of grey printed paper shows at the bottom of the card and trim off any overlap at the top of the card.
- Adhere one of the darker teal frames from the Carders pack in the centre of your card and a lighter teal tag from the Carders Pack as per pic.
- Cut 2” off the long side of the silver frame and set aside. Use what is left and matt the lavender side of DC97003 underneath the frame. Adhere to card approx. 1 ¾” from the top of the card and 1/4’ from the opening edge of the card.
- Embellish card as per pic and 3D greeting die-cut.
Card no: 4(Portrait) “A Treat for You”
- Cut a piece of C97007 on the striped side that is 1” wide X height of the card and horizontally adhere 2mm away from the folded edge of the card. Note that the stripes must run horizontally on the card as per pic.
- Cut one of the lavender 6’ x 6” sheets from the Carders Pack 3.5” X height of the card and horizontally tear off approx. a ¼”and distress. Add a torn silver layer underneath and adhere to the card so that the mat overlaps the stripes by ½” and there is a white border on the opening edge of the card.
- Using the 2” piece of silver frame that you put aside earlier, matt the lavender side of DC97003 underneath the frame and adhere with the opening edge of the frame against the opening edge of the card. Adhere a die-cut teal bird from the Carders Pack inside the frame and cut a silver washitape flag coming from underneath the frame where the bird is positioned.
- 3D the scalloped circle and greeting die-cut(which I cut smaller using a cuttlebug die or you could use a punch) and layer and embellish as per pic.