Desk Décor: Inspirational Frame/ Post it Holder/Pencil Holder
For this project you will need:
Fabscraps Charms of Spring Carders Pack: MC97001A
Fabscraps Charms of Spring Collection paper range: C97003/005/006
Fabscraps Chipboard Pieces: DC97005/008
Fabscraps Stickers ST97001/002
1 sheet of Lagoon Blue Cardstock
A Post it Note size 3” square
A small glass jar or vase
Super strong glue
Cuttlebug or Electronic Cutting Machine
Ranger Silver Acrylic Paint Dabber
Ranger Perfect Pearl Mist to spray on any desired paper embellishments to add sparkle as desired
Assortment of mini paper roses-metallic silver works well in between some colour
A small scalloped Border Punch
A Tear Ruler
A Stipple Brush
- Cut the Chipboard Pieces DC97008/008 out of their frame and use the silver dabber to colour the die-cuts. Set aside to dry.
- Using a stipple brush. Dab the top of the mini roses that aren’t silver with the silver acrylic paint. Set aside to dry.
- Cuttlebug or electronic die-cutting machine:
- Cut a 2” Scalloped Flower and 1 ¼” butterfly from the C97003 (lavender print side) sheet
- Cut a 1.5” Scalloped Circle and two 1 ¼” butterflies and a 3” Filigree Butterfly from one of the pink floral 6” X 6” sheets from the Carders Pack
- Cut a 2” butterfly from 1 of the darker teal blue 6” X 6” sheets from the Carders Pack
Inspirational Standing Frame
- Cut 2 pieces of chipboard 6 ¼” X 7 ½”. Leave one pieces solid for the back of the frame and cut a window in the other piece so that it is a frame with a 1 ½” border all the way around for the front.
- Cut a mat of 8 ¼” X 9 ½” from C97005 and cover the one side of the solid back piece of the chipboard folding the paper over the edges.
- Cut a mat of 8 ¼’ X 9 ½” from C97006 and cover the chipboard frame.
- Tear and distress the piece of C97005 that remains, adding a torn distressed border from one of the pink floral 6” X 6” sheets from the Carders Pack and then a flat sheet of the darker teal 6” X 6” sheet also from the Carders pack and layer and use to close the back of the frame as per pic.
- Adhere the frame and the covered solid chipboard together so that the pretty paper sides are revealed on the front and back.
- Make a flapped stand out of cardboard by tracing a flap off an old picture frame and cover or paint and adhere to the back of the frame with superglue.
- Finish the frame by adding the silver coloured chipboard, stickers and embellishments as per pic or as you desire.
Post-it Note Holder
- Cut a piece of Lagoon Blue Cardstock 3 ¼” X 8 1/8” and score along the long side at 3 7/8” and 4 ¼” and 6 2/8”.
- Cut 2 pieces of pieces of Lagoon Blue Cardstock 3 ¼” X 4 2/8” and border punch one short side on each piece.
- Fold cover as per pic on the left and adhere one of the border punched mats on the inside and the other on the front folded section of the cover as you would in an easel card. See pic on right. You will notice that the punched border edge overlaps the edge of the holder, that is correct.
- Cover the inside with patterned paper of choice and adhere post-it note toward the front of the inside cover.
- Cover the outside with patterned paper of choice and add Die-cut from Carders Kit. Add Stickers and embellishments as per pic or as you desire.
- Using the same border punch as the post-it note, border punch along the 12” edge on the floral side of C97003.
- Cut the height of the border punched strip to match your glass vessel and border punch the parallel 12” side of your paper. Adhere around the glass vessel and decorate with stickers as per pic or as you desire.